Do I have legal recourse against credit card abuse without my authorization? 3 Answers as of October 29, 2010

I was a partner in a business in Georgia for which we opened a checking account with B of A, 2 years later I transferred an existing B of A credit card account in my personal name and ssn to the business name and address, somehow the credit card account was linked to the business checking account overdraft protection and was run up to $10,000.00 without my personal authorization and is now effecting my credit rating, B of A wants me to pay the balance personally even though they can not show proof of authorization. do I have a case?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nelson & Lawless
Nelson & Lawless | Terry Nelson
You need to contact a GA attorney for help. He will have to review all your evidence to figure out what, if anything, can be done. You may have to sue your partners.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/29/2010
Donrad Law Offices
Donrad Law Offices | Sean Donrad
Probably. But we need to know more facts.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/29/2010
Dennis Roberts, a P.C.
Dennis Roberts, a P.C. | Dennis Roberts
Of course you do. My ex pulled the same scam with my son. He applied for a credit card but used his business address (which is a partnership). He never signed the partnership up for a card as it was his personal card. He then went broke and did not pay his bills. They sued him. I told them to produce the document showing he signed up the company. Of course they cannot as they either do not keep or lose these documents. I plan to offer a settlement of ten cents on the dollar or they can keep litigating - which will be stupid on their part as once they get a judgment against him he will go bankruptcy. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/28/2010
Click to View More Answers: