Do I have a clean record if I was taken in for a fake ID but never charged? 7 Answers as of September 05, 2012

When I was 19 I was walking with a friend late at night. A officer stops us checks for drugs. He checks our ids I had a fake one on me that I used for clubbing. I was taken to the city hall near were I live. I was there for 2 days on the day of my hearing with the judge. The judge disided to dismiss my case, I never saw the judge. And I was free to go. Do I still have a clean record? Since I was never charged with anything?

First, you still could be charged in which case you would most likely be notified by the court of a court appearance. Should you not be charged your "arrest" might be considered a "detention" only depending on what you were informed by the jail at the time of your release.
When you were arrested, that is on your record. If charged, that would be on your record. So would be any conviction or plea.
The Chastaine Law Office
The Chastaine Law Office | Michael Chastaine
You have a clean record from the prospective that you have no convictions. The arrest will show up on a Department of Justice printout but for employment purposes you can truthfully state that you have never been convicted of a crime.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
Your record will show charges dismissed. Your record will show the arrest, assuming they identified you properly through fingerprints or otherwise.
Law Office of James Gandy
Law Office of James Gandy | James Gandy
To have a criminal record, you must have appeared in court. Though you may have an arrest on your record (and this is arguable based upon what you say happened), you cannot have a criminal record without there having been some sort of appearance in a court.
    Sounds like you were charged with something (ie. possession of fake I.D.), but those charges were subsequently dismissed. The arrest and charge will still show on your record, but if you were not convicted of anything, then there is no conviction to appear on your record. Many employers ask whether or not you have been "convicted" of a misdemeanor or felony.