Do I have a chance of getting child custody? 4 Answers as of July 10, 2013

My cousin took my daughter. I don't remember signing but 1 paper. There are no adoption papers but now, I can't see her I have no rights She adopted her. I know I was overwhelmed and traumatized but is this even legal I'm obviously very confused. I know something had to have been forged. Do I have a fighting chance?

Law Office of Michael W. Bugni
Law Office of Michael W. Bugni | Jay W. Neff
You said that you remember signing only one paper. It will be critical to know what that one paper actually says. If it was a consent to adoption and waiver of further notice of proceeding, then there may not be much you can do. So, getting a copy of that document is the first critical step. Once the exact wording of that document can be analyzed, then, your chance of getting your child back could be assessed. Also, do not delay too long in taking this step. The longer you delay, the greater the reluctance of the court will be to upset the child's living arrangements.
To figure out what's happened, see an adoption attorney.
Seattle Divorce Services
Seattle Divorce Services | Michael V. Fancher
To determine what chance you have of getting your child back, you should have an attorney look into exactly what was done in this case, including what the paper was that you signed, and what other documents were filed with the court, as well as looking into the Other facts of the case such as whether you were competent at the time to sign whatever you signed.
Beresford Booth PLLC
Beresford Booth PLLC | S. Scott Burkhalter
This is a complicated issue. Were you served in an adoption proceeding?