Do I have a chance at a Green Card application? 2 Answers as of March 28, 2011

I am 21 years old and living in South Africa. My grandmother is a US citizen currently living in the US. Can I apply for a Green Card based on this information? I was sexually abused by my father, the son of my grandmother who is a citizen. Because my father has a criminal record, as he sexually abused me, he is not eligible for citizenship. Do I have a chance at a Green Card application?

You did not provide enough information for us to assess your options. For instance, where is your mother? Is she a citizen? If she is, you may have a chance. Good luck!
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Your grandmother can not file for you. However, you might qualify for a U visa. A U visa is something available to victim of certain crimes, provided they assisted in the investigation / prosecution of the perpetrator. The crime must have occurred in the US. (you mentioned living in South Africa, but it is unclear where the crime occurred). You should consult an attorney experienced with such U visa (I am!) to determine whether you actually qualify.