Do I have a chance at beating a felony 6 use of physical force and what do I do? 5 Answers as of May 14, 2014

I was at a club with friends. A fight broke out behind me. I turn around and got hit with a bottle across the head. Next thing, I am tugged by my neck. I lost balance and fall over furniture whom I thought was a bouncer was a police officer. They said I twist and turned violently and broke his grip. He states he yelled out sheriff but like I said, it was in a club and from my experience didn't realize the police were in there. Later on, I was released but I forgot my keys. I went back to the club. The officers told me to leave. I started walking. The officer pushed me. I tripped and they jump on me to arrest me. The officer said from police report that I moved my body violently and I twist and turned but later stated in his report at some point he told me I was under arrest. I didn't realize I was under arrest the first or the second time. Please help me try to understand my case.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You need to retain an attorney, because you were present at the club and still do not understand what occurred.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/14/2014
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
If that is what happened then get a lawyer and fight the matter. You did nothing wrong.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 4/25/2014
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
Based upon the extremely limited information you have provide, I cannot possibly answer. Quite honestly I have some problems with what you have told me.... twice you get into an altercation with police without knowing that you are doing so. What do you do?? Hire an attorney who can examine ALL the facts.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 4/25/2014
Law Offices of Jerard Martin Dinces | Jerry Dinces
I can't understand from your e-mail what the actual charge is... it appears you could be charged with resisting arrest & battery on a police officer (depending on the police report). "...beating a felony..." first its obvious you need a lawyer... second regarding dismissal / reduction of charges... a lot depends on your prior criminal record, if any (eg- violent criminal acts)... third.... if you're on probation / parole that would have an effect . You can fight any case... but you need proof / witnesses to bolster your side of the argument.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/25/2014
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
It is best to hire an attorney and talk with them about the matter.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 4/25/2014
Click to View More Answers: