Do I have a case if I got burned on my face and neck when I heated the gravy in the microwave? 7 Answers as of March 24, 2014

I opened a jar of gravy. I microwaved it for 2 minutes. When removing the jar from microwave, the label slipped through the jar and landed right side up on floor. I was still holding the complete intact label in my hand. The gravy shot straight up out of the jar and I got hot gravy all over my face and down my neck very close to my eyes too. I got badly burned and I went to the doctor and got prescription cream. They said it may scar. I don't know time will tell. I took pictures also.

You sure do!!! You sue the person rusty microwaved the gravy and then failed to put it down before moving the jar around. It heats from the bottom and when you zapped it on high power, any movement would cause that to happen.
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
YOU dropped the jar.
Possibly, but you need to give more facts with regard to why it exploded and what kind of warnings the manufacturer gave? Consider consulting a products liability lawyer.
Maybe. Did the jar say to microwave the gravy in the jar? Or did you take a short cut? If the former, you might win. If the latter, you will have to overcome your comparative negligence. It really depends on where you live. You probably wouldn't recover in Idaho, but you might in Michigan. You need to talk with a local personal injury attorney and go over the details with him or her.
Lombardi Law Firm
Lombardi Law Firm | Steve Lombardi
Answer: You are the only one with fault that I can see and therefore would not in my opinion have a case.
Answer Applies to: Iowa
    That's a tough one. I don't have time to go through all the whys and wherefores, but I'll say this: Theoretically, you could build a products liability case. However, whenever I start a phrase with the word "theoretically", that means "probably won't work". See an experienced products liability lawyer in your area, maybe there would be someone willing to take it on.
    You need to think this one thru again. you said the label came off and was in your hand, was on the floor. Why don't you sit down with a lawyer and go over this step by step. Doesn't make sense the way you sent the inquiry.