Do I have a case if at a yacht club meeting I was thrown out when I did nothing wrong? 10 Answers as of February 13, 2014

At a yacht club meeting I was thrown out and I did nothing wrong. I was embarrassed and I felt horrible in front of my friends. I am leaving the club after this. I want no money for damages just a public apology and lawyer fees paid. Do I have a case?

IF you have $ 5000 for a retainer, an attorney will tell you that you have a case.
DEAN T. JENNINGS, P.C.
DEAN T. JENNINGS, P.C. | Dean T Jennings
You have not given me sufficient facts to determine an answer. But it doesn't sound like you have any damages, so I am going to say based on the very limited facts that you have set forth, that you don't have a claim.
Answer Applies to: Iowa
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
You are joking, right?
Don't they have an appeal process? Pursue your remedies and if you can prove it was bogus, you can get your apology.
Well, someone thinks you did something wrong, even if you did not. You can't sue for an apology. I would also be leary of starting a flame war, as there is likely to be no winner. Living well is the best revenge.
    It doesn't hurt to ask, but if you sue I am sure that the people that threw you out will have what they believe to be a good reason for it. It may be a crapshoot as to who the judge believes.
    Lombardi Law Firm
    Lombardi Law Firm | Steve Lombardi
    Ahoy Matey! Shiver-me-timbers are you kidding me? Or are you a wench loving Pirate? Whatever it doesn't matter for this question. Well swabby, I'm not so sure we expect much more from sailors and landlubbers might not care about a bunch of swill drinking sailors imbibing some grog and then having a good old yelling match. But then again they could make them walk the plank or swab the deck. If you don't want damages then maybe we jist git em to yell, "Avast!". (In pirate tawk that means stop.) So while ye demand keelhauling the master may only say avast. Now being a lawyer who practices in the area of privateering, I understand the pirate code and this may you be a surprise fur you to learn, but the first contingent fee agreement was utilized by the pirates as they readied to leave port. You see the pirate's code was "No prey? Then no pay!" which meant they had to agree to pillage and plunder in order to earn a living. Or was it plunder and pillage? So when you say Avast! but then say I pray for no pay, that means no pay for this privateer turned contingent fee lawyer. Which means to get this apology you will have to pay the lawyer by the hour. I suspect right now you're yelling "Shiver me Timbers!" which is just another way of saying, "Ya bunch of scurvy dogs!" So I suspect there will be on swashbucklin that at the yacht club and so get used to hearing Yo-ho-ho! Over a bottle of rum....
    Answer Applies to: Iowa
    Law Office of James E. Smith
    Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    Not really. They did nothing illegal.
    I doubt it. apparently the man presiding over the meeting has a different opinion. How do you expect to deal with that?
    You have not provided sufficient information upon which an opinion could be rendered. That said, the courts are a very poor and quite expensive means to correct personal insult.