Do I have a case against the owner if I tripped on broken staircase? 4 Answers as of August 25, 2015

I was walking up the staircase to my apartment and trip on a broken step that resulted in tearing the ACL in my right knee. The property owner was aware of the broken step and painted it yellow and has made a temporary repair resulting in the step to be placed higher and uneven to the rest of the steps, but has not fixed the step yet. We have reported this step for over 3 months.

Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.
Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C. | Richard M. Levy
Yes, you have a case. You need to retain an attorney.
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
You may have a case.
You have "a" case, but not a strong one: the landlord knew of the broken step and had plenty of time to fix it, but did not do the necessary repairs. so that gives you a case. But: the landlord did take some temporary measures, and you knew it was defective, yet you managed to trip on it. You might get something out of it, probably worth a shot.
SHAHRIAR KASHANIAN | SHAHRIAR KASHANIAN
You may have a case against the owner.