Do I have a case against a manufacturer if my airbags did not deploy? How? 13 Answers as of July 10, 2015

I was just in an auto accident, and my air bag failed to deploy. My vehicle was a 2001 Pick-Up Truck (I will leave out the exact manufacturer name). Do I have a case against the manufacturer?

You very well might. Preserve all evidence and consult a skilled personal injury lawyer.
Gregory M Janks, PC
Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
Maybe? You need to have an expert review the vehicle, the air bag, the air bag sensors, the seat belt, the seat belt retractors, the EDM (black box), etc. If there was an event that should have triggered deployment of the air bag, and a defect that prevented that, then you may have a product liability claim vs. the vehicle manufacturer and/or the air bag manufacturer and perhaps others. Of course, most of the above costs a fair amount of money and you would need to have injuries significant enough to warrant such costs. Consult with a local product liability attorney with your specific facts to discuss your options.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C. | Russell Gregory
You possibly do, the matter would have to be fully discussed, in order to ascertain all potential avenues for monetary recovery. For example, was there a recall on the airbags? Also, there may be other potential defendants was there another vehicle involved, whose driver was at fault?
Airbag cases are difficult and expensive. Insurance companies will not settle easily, if at all. You will need to have an expert witness, accident reconstruction and a lawyer who is experienced in airbag cases. Unless your injuries are catastrophic, it may not be possible to go forward as a logistical matter, regardless of legalities.
Perhaps. The devil is in the details. .
    The airbags are triggered by sensors in the bumpers. If a sensor wasn't hit, the airbag won't deploy. Get an engineer to inspect your car.
    Maybe and maybe not. Consider consulting an experienced injury lawyer familiar with products liability cases against car manufacturers.
    Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
    Depends were you seriously injured due to the airbags not deploying? If yes, the amount of you damages will dictate if you have a case worth pursuing. That is presuming you have not altered the vehicle in any way since the collision. Reach out to a Georgia Products Liability lawyer immediately for further information. Good luck.
    Possibly. Please get a free conference with an injury lawyer.
    Harris Kuhn Law Firm, LLP
    Harris Kuhn Law Firm, LLP | James Harris
    We would need to know a lot more detailed information to answer your question fairly. Facts regarding the collision impact and how you were injured are essential factors. Were you wearing a seatbelt? Where is the vehicle now? These are a few of the most important pieces of the puzzle that need to be considered. We would be happy to initially discuss your situation with you at no charge. Jim
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
    Airbags are not designed to deploy on every impact from every angle. If you were not injured, there is no claim to pursue.
    Answer Applies to: Montana
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    You have a case if the bags should have deployed. ( They are not designed to deploy in every circumstance or accident) and you suffered an injury related to the nondeployment.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    Did you have any injuries as a result of the accident, and did you seek medical attention?