Do I have any rights to sue a bleach company for a faulty cleaner bottle that resulted in bleach going inside my eye? 2 Answers as of May 04, 2017

I have a cleaner and bleach bottle that has a small tube you place in a hole in order for the cleaner to be dispensed out. Instead of having a straw like piece to reach the bottom of the bottle, it has this short tube that tucks in a hole inside the side of the bottle (very dangerous design). I picked up the bottle to clean my counter. Immediately, the nose/handle came detached from the bottle dropped on the floor and the cleaner with bleach came shooting feet in the air. I am 5'10. The bleach mixture shot inside my entire left eye. I didn't even have time to blink. It also went in my nose, mouth and all over my clothes. It was so painful. I was screaming and my poor kids were freaking out. I immediately ran to rinse it out then my husband took me to the ER. I received treatment and had my eye numbed, rinsed out with saline and prescribed drops and eye solutions. I just followed up with an Ophthalmologist that says he does not see permanent damage but he seen some mucous and prescribed me differed drops because my left eye has been sensitive especially to light.

You have the right to sue the company, however, unless you are an engineer having the appropriate credentials to testify in this case, you will need an expert. That is terrifically expensive. Without an expert you will not be able to prove your case.
Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
Product liability claims are almost impossible to bring in MI due to a change in the law by the Republicans. IF you can prove it was a faulty design rather than a misuse by you, you have a claim.