Do I have any rights to our truck after a breakup? 1 Answers as of January 12, 2011

I have recently separated from a woman that I have been with for around 6 years. Around 3 and a half years ago, while she was pregnant with my son, we purchased a truck for $5300 in a loan in her name. I have been paying on this truck this entire time. The loan has been modified a few times. Her current car and a $1500 camping trailer is on there as well. My name was added to the title of the truck, but I guess only in the eyes of the bank. I am not sure the details on that right now. Anyway, she now wants my truck off the loan but I am broke and I cannot afford to pay her the $2800 she is asking for. The truck is not worth more than $1500. I do not think she is sure what I truly owe as well. Yesterday she took the truck and plans to sell it out from under me. I have not missed a payment and I personally believe she has no right do this. What can I do? Anything? I am living on limited funds and would like to do this as cheaply as possible.

Froerer and Miles, P.C.
Froerer and Miles, P.C. | Robert L Froerer
Feel free to contact me for a free consultation.