Do I have any rights if I was hit from behind and have no insurance? 17 Answers as of July 22, 2015

What are my options? Can I sue the driver that hit me from behind? I currently have no insurance. I was stopped at a traffic light and was hit from behind.

Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
Yes, in most states you can sue the at fault driver even if you have no insurance.
You can sue or make a claim against the insurance of the driver of the car that hit you.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C. | Russell Gregory
Yes, you can go against the other driver who was at fault. You?ll have to have incurred an injury that significantly impairs your normal living, but that?s a matter to be discussed, to see if you meet the Michigan injury threshold.
I don't think you can get your medical bills paid, since you elected to disobey the law and not get the required insurance. If you have a "serous injury" as that term is defiend by statute, you should be able to recover paid and suffering against the other driver.
Not in Michigan.
    Harris Kuhn Law Firm, LLP
    Harris Kuhn Law Firm, LLP | James Harris
    You certainly have a right to sue under those circumstances. The value of your claim depends on the extent of your injuries and damages. It is important to seek prompt medical treatment following a collision if you are injured.
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
    Uninsured drivers don't have much room to complain about other uninsured drivers. Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage should be added to your policy for the next incident.
    Answer Applies to: Montana
    Gregory S. Shurman, LLC
    Gregory S. Shurman, LLC | Gregory S Shurman
    Yes, you can make a claim against the other driver's insurance. Your lack of insurance doesn't matter.
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    Yes your claim is with the driver that hit you from behind. It doesn't matter that you don't have insurance. You claim would be for medical bills, pain and suffering and lost wages among others components. You should get a lawyer to properly build your case and to be able to sue. The insurance company knows that you cannot do that on your own.
    Beaver Holt Sternlicht and Courie, P.A.
    Beaver Holt Sternlicht and Courie, P.A. | Mark A. Sternlicht
    You have a right to make a claim against the other driver in these circumstances. Your lack of insurance does not affect your claim based on the other driver's negligence.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    Did you have any injuries or medical treatment as a result of the accident?