Do I have any recourse for not receiving the proper education from my college or university? Posted on August 10, 2011

I attended a college and received a Masters degree after 5 years of attendance. The program I was enrolled in was in its infancy and did not provide the learning experience expected based on what was promised by advisers and content of syllabi. There was a lot of experimentation throughout the courses concerning projects and subject matter. A lot of the times, it made for a poor learning experience and confusion among the students. Along with this, there was a lack of counseling and advising for the students having to do with which direction to take their career. Being a new program, there was a lot of push and persuasion to continue on with the Masters program, which doesn't offer many options for a recent grad, but gave the program graduates. I feel as if my education is extremely lacking according to the standards necessary to obtain a job in my field.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: