Do I have any recourse after a collision with an uninsured driver? How? 13 Answers as of August 28, 2015

I have scars from a crash that happened last year, when I was in a severe accident. The other driver gave false insurance information to the police during the report. Now no one is paying for my injuries. What recourse do I have? I also have permanent damage to my leg.

First, check your policy to see if you have uninsured motorist (UM) coverage. If not, do an asset check on the other driver/owner, to see if there's a chance of getting anything. Finally, you may be able to recover something from the Victims of Crime Fund.
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
Contact a personal injury attorney ASAP. You can find an experienced Personal Injury attorney here on Law QA. Attorneys on Law QA want to help you but we are not permitted to solicit your business. You must contact us.
Gregory M Janks, PC
Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
Sure if you have purchased Uninsured Motorist coverage as part of your vehicle insurance. Read your policy and Declaration Sheet to see if you have the coverage, and if you do, what the policy requirements are for making the claim. You can always sue the other driver/owner (if the owner is different than the driver, there may still be coverage on the other vehicle) but collection would likely be a problem if there was no coverage. Indeed you will need to investigate to be sure there is no available coverage before your insurer would pay any UM claim. Usually you'll want a lawyer analyze your particular fact situation and give you advice. Also your MI insurer should pay you No Fault benefits, so I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "no one is paying for my injuries".
If you have uninsured motorist coverage on your insurance policy, make a claim. If not, you have to hunt down the bad guy, and sue him.
Adler Law Group, LLC
Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
Yes. First you can sue for the persons personal assets. You can more beneficially go after your own uninsured motorist coverage.
    If you have uninsured motorists coverage you can make a claim against it. If not you will have to sue the person who hit you and get his license suspended until he pays you your losses.
    Law Offices of Carl L. Brown | Carl L. Brown
    You may have uninsured motorist benefits.
    Yes. File an uninsured motorist (UM) claim with your insurance company and let them worry about getting their money back from the uninsured motorist. Good luck.
    There are a few possibilities. In all likelihood to the other driver was violating at least one law by not having insurance. In many states there is a safety responsibility law that a victim can use to suspend the driving privilege of and uninsured driver. You can also sue him personally, of course, and garnishee his wages or other property that is not exams. Consult a personal injury lawyer for more detail.
    Where is your insurer? Did you have uninsured motorist coverage? See an attorney with the facts to plan your actions.
    Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.
    Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C. | Richard M. Levy
    Consult a lawyer about filing an uninsured claim.
    Gregory S. Shurman, LLC
    Gregory S. Shurman, LLC | Gregory S Shurman
    If you have uninsured motorist coverage on your auto policy, you may have a claim.
    Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
    Reach out to a Georgia personal injury attorney so they can help locate if there is any additional insurance coverage. Good luck.