Do I have any legal standing as the non-biological parent of twins? 2 Answers as of May 10, 2011

I am a lesbian who was in a relationship with the biological mother of our twins. They were born in August 2005, with the mother leaving the relationship two years ago and moving to Texas. She is now becoming resilient at allowing me visitation with the children, and I am fearful that she will cut me out of their lives completely. Do I have any legal standing, considering I am a resident of AZ and she is a resident of TX? I have medical records of when the bio mom was undergoing IVF treatments and artifical insemination which lists both of our names, along with emails from the bio mom, detailing that she wouldn't ever "take the twins away" from me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
Not in Texas. per Texas Law, we do not recognize same sex unions and you have not legal rights in Texas.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 5/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: