Do I have any legal say in my mothers estate if I am not the executor? 6 Answers as of August 05, 2011

My mother passed away and left my sister as the executor. The will specifies everything she had would be split 50/50. My sister does not tell me what's going on or decisions that she is making. Do I have any legal say so on how my mothers estate gets sold or the right to view her bank account activity to make sure her money is only being used for my mother's debt or mortgage?

Yes, as a beneficiary you have the right to request information and review the accounts. If you have concerns about what is happening and the executor is not cooperating you can look to the Court for assistance. You may want to speak with an attorney to assist you with this.
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
Yes and no. You do have a right to information but typically no right to what choices the PR makes.
The Coyle Law Office
The Coyle Law Office | T. Andrew Coyle
You, as beneficiary, are entitled to an accounting of funds at reasonable intervals (usually annual). If you believe your sister is not doing her job as executor, you can petition the probate court to look over the matter and determine if any steps need to be taken against her.
Asset Protection and Elder Law Center
Asset Protection and Elder Law Center | Shadi Alai-Shaffer
Yes. If you are a beneficiary you hav rights to certain information. I highly suggest you seek legal advice as you will need an attorney to assist you.
That depends on the language of the will.