Do I have any legal rights to the van? 3 Answers as of November 14, 2013

My husband just went to jail for a GTA on our van. We've had it for over a couple months and didn’t put it in our name. I have since contacted last registered owner and she dropped the charges and won’t give back the van. She says her husband sold it without her consent and it was gifted to her by her deceased grandmother.

You can sue the seller of the van for your money back.
Law Office of Richard Winkler | Richard Winkler
If you paid fair market value for it and have title signed by the titled owner, you are the owner of the van. You are a qualified bona-fide purchaser. She will need to sort this out with her husband, not you.
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
The answer is a question of fact. The seller conveyed only what rights they have. Whether you have any rights in the van depends on whether the "husband" had complete title or was authorized to sell by whoever did. On the other hand, if you paid for something the seller did not own you are entitled to your money back.