Do I have any legal rights to rollover the money that is existing in my 401k to an IRA? How? 2 Answers as of August 14, 2015

I recently quit my job and I have a 401k with the former employer. I am 100% vested and trying to roll the 401k over to an IRA. The employer and third party administrator are saying I cannot have access to the money until the employer files there taxes. That could be in April or they said if the file an extension it could run to October. I have spoken to my financial adviser and my accountant and they both believe I should have immediate access to the money in the 401k but they both say I would need to wait for the 3% company contribution from 2012. Do I have any legal rights to roll over the money that is existing in my 401k to an IRA, or do I need to wait until the employer files taxes and sends the third party administrator a letter of severance and makes the final contribution before I am allowed to roll it over?

WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
If you already have an opinion from financial adviser and my accountant, and they both believe I should have immediate access to the money, I wonder why you want an opinion from a mere lawyer. I do not practice law in this area. I think you do have a right to immediate access to the money but it sounds like if you wait a bit, you will get more. You should not follow my advice. I do not practice in this area.
Geneva Yourse | Geneva Yourse
You should contact a financial planner.