Do I have any ground against the landlord if my two daughters and I are having headaches, and sick feeling after a gas generator was started? 3 Answers as of May 01, 2014

My two daughters and I live in a three attached one level apartment building. Yesterday, April 30, 2014, men that were working on the far end apartment started a gas generator in the middle apartment garage and left it running all evening until we started to get ready for bed and smelled fumes in the bathroom and bedrooms. I had to go and the guy that works for the landlord as a maintenance guy at the apartment buildings. This was 12:00 AM and he came to check out what was going on and shut off the generator and said it was so bad in the apartment that he had to open up all the windows and left the garage door up half way.

You did not suffer enough damage for it to be worthwhile to sue. Was the landlord responsible or was it the new renter? Regardless, write the landlord a letter and ask for part of your rent to be waived.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Unless you have permanent ongoing health effects that give rise to monetary damages probably not.
MatthewR. Schutz, Esq | Matthew R. Schutz
You need to contact the local health and fire authorities immediately. Send the LL notice per the lease. If he does not fix withhold and escrow the rent.