Do I have any grandparent rights if my children refuse to let me see my grandchild? How? 8 Answers as of July 02, 2015

My son is 21 and his girlfriend (which he got pregnant when he was 20 and she was 17) say I can no longer ever see my grandchild (about 9 months old ). Do I have any grandmother rights? Also the girlfriend is illegal. Does she have a right to say such a thing?

Law Office of Barton R. Resnicoff | Barton R. Resnicoff
The immigration status of the mother will not effect the outcome; the key is whatever is in the best interests of the child; one factor is the existence, or lack of one, of an existing relationship with the child. Grandparents have rights to access, but they are limited and not absolute.
Petit & Dommershausen SC
Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
You can file a motion for grandparents visitation in the county where there is a paternity judgment. If there is no paternity action, you are likely out of luck.
Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
You only have grandparent "rights" if you go into Court and ask the court to give you those rights. There are specific criteria that must be met, including the fact that you spent time with your grandchild prior to being cut off.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
You can receive visitation rights if you file a Petition in court and I can help with this.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. | Joanna Mitchell
In Florida, grandparents have no rights. Parents can raise children as they choose, as long as they are not harming or endangering them somehow, and that includes who they choose to be permitted to be around the children.
    Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
    Grandparents have no rights. The mother's status is irrelevant.
    Law Offices of Julie A. Ringquist | Julie A. Ringquist
    Parents have the exclusive right to decide who is around their children, regardless of legal status. If your son were deceased, you could ask for some visitation.
    The biological mother's residency status bears no relationship to her right to restrict contact with her child. If you are being prevented completely from any contact with the child, you may have a right to request assistance.