Do I have an employment case and why? 2 Answers as of August 19, 2015

I was hired by gm of health club, so I put in my 2 week notice at current job. The day before my 1st day at the new job the gm called me and asked me to come in and meet his boss. After I met with him he said he would talk to the gm and see what the gm wants to do with me. Later on that day the gm calls me and tells me he had been overwritten by his boss not to let me work at that position because lack of sales experience, but then offered me a different position with no base pay that required sales to make a salary. Leaving me obligated to take position because I was jobless and forced to file PT unemployment and doubt I would get that because I quit former employer. Do I have some type of case?

WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
You have no case in GA. If another state, resubmit your question and identify your state. Law varies from state to state. In GA, employer may withdraw a job offer at any time. The fact that you detrimentally relied on the job offer when you quit the old job does not change the answer. You should be eligible for unemployment in GA, but you will need a lawyer to win.
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
Not in MS. We are an employment at will State, so you have the freedom to walk and they have the freedom to control your position.