Do I give him access to the house if he wants a key to get in and do some repairs to the house so he can sell it? 1 Answers as of February 25, 2014

I have been living in a house since September 2013. The house has all kinds of wrong things with it, like the central air and heat unit went out the first week, there are burst and pipes and I have to turn the water off from the outside to keep it from running. The front door does not lock but there are bars on the door with a lock and leaking from the roof. The guy that rented it to me did not do a lease. Now his brother gets out of jail and says he owns this house. They have been promising to fix the problems but to date has not. Well no one has a key but me. He also says the house is about to go into foreclosure because I haven’t paid him any rent.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
You need to provide access at reasonable times and on reasonable notice.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 2/25/2014
Click to View More Answers: