Do I get more time if I failed to surrender? 3 Answers as of February 17, 2015

I was out on bail. I lost my case and I was given 180 county time. I was given a surrender date but I didn't show up to surrender. I am scared. What is going to happen. Do I get more time?

Failing to surrender for a jail sentence is a violation of probation. I cannot predict what a court will do. I would recommend your surrendering as soon as possible and maybe retain an attorney to prepare for a violation.
Possibly. You might want to hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant and talk the Judge into giving you a new surrender date with the same terms and conditions. A lawyer can go without you, so it is less risky for you.
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
Sentencing is discretionary with the court. Meaning, it is not mandatory that you will receive a higher sentence. Be prepared to explain to the judge, through your attorney, the reason you failed to surrender.