Do I get the house in my name if I pay the lien on the house and a judgement against my mom for $10,000? 9 Answers as of May 28, 2013

Generally no.
Harris, Yug & Ohlinger
Harris, Yug & Ohlinger | Roberta Ohlinger-Johnson
That's up to her.
Dennis P. Mikko Attorney at Law | Dennis P. Mikko
The question is not clear, however, paying the lien will not change ownership without agreement from the current owner.
Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A.
Law Office of D.L. Drain, P.A. | Diane L. Drain
It is not that simple. I do not have enough information to answer your question. Most importantly where the real estate is located. If it was in Arizona you could purchase the lien on the property and then foreclose. Be aware that you must pay any senior liens in order to keep them from foreclosing on you. Or, your mother could deed the house to you and you could pay all the debts secured on the property. It is best for you to talk to a competent real estate attorney licensed in the state where the property is located.
Douglas M. Philpott, P.C. | Peter J. Philpott
No you must be deeded the property.
    No, the house is yours when your mother signs over the deed. If you bought the house at auction, then you would get the deed in your name by the referee.
    The Law Offices of Ralph W. Flick, P.S.
    The Law Offices of Ralph W. Flick, P.S. | Ralph W. Flick
    The title of real property is separate from liens. So, if the title is in your mother's name and you pay the liens against her property on her behalf then you would not be given the title. You would have to have a separate agreement with your mother to purchase the title to the real property for the amount of the debt outstanding. However, beware that the transfer of title in Washington triggers the Real Estate Excise Tax.
    Victor Varga | Victor Varga
    No.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C.
    Law Office of Stuart M. Nachbar, P.C. | Stuart M. Nachbar
    Not unless the owner transfers title to you.