Do I get citizenship if I was adopted by a US resident? 4 Answers as of August 02, 2011

I came to the u.s. in 1978 at the age of 8 as an lpr. I was adopted by my stepfather in 1979 at the age of 9. In 1985 my mother became a citizen and in 1986 my stepfather became a citizen (I was 15 and 16 at the times) they never applied for a certificate for me. I was living with them when they naturalized. I am now 41 and have convictions. Did I derive citizenship through them? Will my convictions play a role I started getting into trouble at 21.

Kuck Immigration Partners LLC
Kuck Immigration Partners LLC | Charles Kuck
You are a U.S. citizen, please call our office for a time to meet to assist you with your case.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A. | Felipe Augusto Malo
Yes u r a us citizen Apply for ur us passport
Yes, if you yourself had a green card at the time your mother became a naturalized citizen when you were age 15, you yourself would also have naturalized and become a citizen at the same time that she did and should now be eligible to apply for and receive a Certificate of Citizenship. And, no, your later run-ins with the law should have no effect since you were already a citizen at the time.
The law at the time was that if both parents were USC before you turned 18 and you were admitted as a LPR, you derived citizenship.