Do I deserve a refund since he told me that he will? 1 Answers as of November 04, 2017

I got a moving violation ticket on my way to another city in April 2017. I sent a letter to the judge to request a hearing but seems like the letter was never received. After few weeks, I received a collection mail requesting the fine to be paid with interest then I hired a lawyer dispute the case. I explained the situation of my case and the lawyer told me that he can fight the case if I pay him his fee but he will refund my money if he is not successful. After about a month, I received another letter from the same collection and found out that my driver’s license was suspended. I paid the collection fee and reinserted my license. I call the lawyer to refund my money but his assistant told me that they don't guarantee to win cases and they can't refund. I am still waiting to talk to the lawyer.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
Tell him you will file a Bar complaint for violating the terms of the agreement. He obviously did nothing to resolve the matter on your half. He cannot justify earning the fee. If he says he did, ask for you client file.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 11/4/2017
Click to View More Answers: