Do debt collectors usually give you your court case number on an automated machine? 9 Answers as of May 01, 2017

I got a call from an automated machine stating that I was being prosecuted and they gave me my court case number. There were two different numbers to call and it was for a company that I never heard of. Not sure what it is for.

Look up the case number on your local court's website. You can check if it's a real case against you. Remember there are two courts which have jurisdiction, the municipal court for claims $15,000 or less and common pleas for larger claims.
Eranthe Law Firm
Eranthe Law Firm | Cate Eranthe
They might. I would check with the court in your county and see if there is a case. If you locate a case, take the information to a knowledgeable local attorney and have it reviewed. If there is no case, then ignore the calls. If you do take a call have them mail you proof of the claim. Let an attorney review this information. There are a lot of scams out there and I would not pay any money to a debt collector without proof that they own a valid debt. There could also be defenses that an attorney knowledgeable in debt collections would be aware of. Get some advice.
No. Sounds bogus.
Do not believe anything that comes from a company you never heard of over the phone. Most state courts have a web site you can look your name up on to see if there is a lawsuit against you.
Court paperwork usually comes to you by hand delivery or through the mail. You should check out this information on the court website to be sure, but a lot of debt collectors engage in misleading people in order to scare them into paying a debt.