Do the courts investigate to see what assets a person has in a divorce? How? 6 Answers as of June 22, 2015

Will the court investigate what assets I have in my divorce?

Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
The Court will not investigate your assets. However, you spouse (and attorney) will have an opportunity to discover what assets you own/possess. If you fail to reveal your net worth and it is discovered you concealed that information, that obviously can adversely affect your credibility and the merits of your case.
Law Office of Barton R. Resnicoff | Barton R. Resnicoff
The divorce process requires complete disclosure of income, assets and liabilities; plus the other party, usually through counsel, has an opportunity to do their own investigation. Usually, failure to disclose an asset is easily discoverable and would come back to haunt the party being less than forthright.
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
The court doesn't but opposing counsel will.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. | Joanna Mitchell
The court doesn't complete any type of investigation in a divorce case. It is up to the parties to complete their own investigations and then submit evidence to the court that they discover during the course of their own investigation.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
No a court does not investigate anything.. the opposing party to the divorce does and presents proof of the assets to the court.