Do the actor's talent releases still hold for the new video contest? 3 Answers as of March 21, 2014

I was recently shooting a commercial for a concert event. I had all actors sign a release to be in that commercial. The event did not like the commercial and released my footage back to me. The talent release states that they agree to release their image to the concert event and any parties the event chooses to give it to. I then used the footage to enter it into a video contest. An actor is stating they do not agree to be in the new video contest.

Strowbridge Blaisdel Richardson | Strowbridge Richardson
Depends on the terms of your contract with the actors. Hire an attorney.
B. Casey Yim | B. Casey Yim
I will need to see the signed written release. Can you please send it to me by return e-mail. The terms and conditions of the release should be spelled out specifically in the release document, or reasonably implied from the terms used therein. Only then can anyone determine whether or not you are permitted by the release to use the released content in a different usage than originally contemplated.
Lawyer for Independent Media
Lawyer for Independent Media | Sue Basko
The release was for the first project only. None of the actors signed a release for your second project. You cannot use the footage of any actor for your second project unless you get that actor to sign a release specifically for that second project. This is important to learn about releases.