Did they break my employment contract by disclosing my salary? How? 4 Answers as of July 08, 2015

I work at a computer company through a staffing agency. in the contract it stated I am not to discuss my salary with anyone in the company which includes my colleague. The staffing agency recently sent an email to myself and my colleague advising of our direct deposits. The email was addressed to both of us and included both of our salary amounts. Is that a violation of the contract? I am being made a contract under the company the beginning of February. It has been in the works since December and the staffing agency that i am under now are trying to delay for 3 more weeks. I would like to use this email as leverage to be out from under the contract with the staffing agency now. I have had not good experiences with them.

S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
As long as you did not discuss your salary with your work colleagues you will be in compliance with the terms of your contract as it was the staffing agency that apparently made the disclosure. Apparently, the employer has not made the e-mail an issue with you because he is offering you a salaried position to commence in February. As for the ability of the agency to delay your employment by three weeks, that is a matter between the agency and your present employer.
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
The contract suggests that you cannot reveal your salary. That does not prohibit the company from doing so, unless there is other language that would do so.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
you are likely confusing a company rule with a contract. I doubt you have a contract that you may enforce. They are extremely rare. If it is a rule, you may not break it, but the company may. BTW: Such rules against discussing salaries are not legal, under federal law. The National Labor5 Relations act, through the NLRB, prosecutes employers that discharge employees for violating this rule. You have a legal right to know what other employees in your company make.
Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
Possibly but an attorney would need to review the contract to provide the best opinion.