Did they break my employment contract by disclosing my salary? Posted on January 13, 2011

I work at a computer company through a staffing agency. in the contract it stated I am not to discuss my salary with anyone in the company which includes my colleague. The staffing agency recently sent an email to myself and my colleague advising of our direct deposits. The email was addressed to both of us and included both of our salary amounts. Is that a violation of the contract? I am being made a contract under the company the beginning of February. It has been in the works since December and the staffing agency that i am under now are trying to delay for 3 more weeks. I would like to use this email as leverage to be out from under the contract with the staffing agency now. I have had not good experiences with them.