Did the tenant break the pet agreement since it says in the contract that you have to have written permission to have a pet? 4 Answers as of August 19, 2013

I have a tenant that signed a pet agreement for pets named Katie, Max and Hank. Katie died about a month ago and they got a new dog without my permission or a written pet agreement for this dog, did they break the pet agreement since it say in the contract that you have to have written permission to have a pet? They also have a horse in the backyard of mobile home. I am worried that the horse will mess up the yard (for future renters) and that it will mess up my lateral lines and my mobile home. Is there anything thing I can do about it. I'm worried when school starts kids might want to pet the horse and it bites them. One of the original dogs is a pit bull and not very nice and they have it chained by the front door and I also worry about it biting someone. I am lost and don't know what to do.

Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
Read the lease carefully. Do you have a right to have 3 pets or just the 3 you named? Sounds like they violated the lease.
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
If the horse is not listed, you could evict them. Also, substituting a dog might allow you to evict them. You should consider revising the lease when it comes up for renewal.
Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
Without seeing the language, I would assume that unless otherwise stated, each new animal requires written permission. One would have to look at the language of your lease to answer the other questions.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Generally if you have a written permission for 3 dogs you can have 3 dogs a court will not look that close. But a horse? Is that even allowed under zoning?