If a person is deported for a felony, does that person have any rights in the US? 9 Answers as of July 09, 2013

If a person is deported for a felony specifically indecent liberties with a child, does that person have any rights in the US?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Not a question that can be answered with these facts. I would need to review the criminal record and inquire on who the petitioner is, your immigration history, other criminal convictions, whether you entered the U.S. legally or illegally, did you overstay? You may set up a paid consultation if you want to get advice on your case specifically.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/31/2011
Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
Unless the person is a US citizen or lawfully residing in the US, it is unlikely they have many rights in the US. There may be options, but I would need to know much more before giving any advise.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 8/28/2011
Law Office of Nora Rilo
Law Office of Nora Rilo | Nora Rilo
Pretty much no. Its an aggravated felony, no waiver is available.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/27/2011
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
Not sure what you mean by any rights. If the person has been deported, then the person may not be in the US.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 8/26/2011
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
The answer depends upon whether they have already been deported or are in deportation/removal proceedings. The individual has the right to a hearing regarding his or her removal from the United States. As for whether they could return after deportation or removal, depends upon the specific language of the criminal charges they were convicted under and what immigration charges were sustained in their deportation/removal proceedings. If the person was found to be an aggravated felon for immigration purposes then it is highly unlikely they will be able to return.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 8/26/2011
    Fong & Associates
    Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
    If they are outside the US, and they have been deported for a felony and they are not US nationals, then they generally have no US granted rights.
    Answer Applies to: Texas
    Replied: 8/26/2011
    Joseph Law Firm
    Joseph Law Firm | Jeff Joseph
    The question is impossible to answer without more information. Generally, indecent liberties with a child might be considered an aggravated felony and would be considered a crime involving moral turpitude. As a crime involving moral turpitude, it would render an individual ineligible for entry to the United States or permanent residence. However, if the person has a parent, child or spouse who is a United States Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident, there may be a waiver available for the offense. To get the waiver, the individual would have to demonstrate extreme hardship to the parent child or spouse. If the person was previously a permanent resident, a waiver may not be available. This is complicated and dependent on the specifics of the individual case. For more information, please contact our office for a consultation with one of our attorneys. We look forward to assisting you.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado
    Replied: 8/26/2011
    The Law Office Kevin L. Dixler
    The Law Office Kevin L. Dixler | Kevin Lawrence Dixler
    This is a serious offense that should have been reviewed by an attorney experienced before the deportation order. However, more information is needed. To schedule an appointment or teleconference.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois
    Replied: 7/9/2013
Click to View More Answers: