Currently married to a U.S citizen, how can I become a citizen myself? 10 Answers as of October 08, 2013

I entered the U.S under a visa waiver program in september 2010. I overstayed my visa waiver program and I got married to a U.S citizen 2 months after. I am still residing in the U.S. Is it possible for me to become a citizen? What are my options? Thank you for your time.

You first have to become a permanent resident on the basis of marriage to a US citizen. Your spouse would have to petition for you for that. The process will take about 4-7 months. Once you are a permanent resident for at least 3 years, provided you are still married, then you can apply for US citizenship.
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
The very first thing that you need to do is to apply for permanent residency. Your husband must petition for you on form I-130 and you can concurrently apply for adjustment of status on form I-485. If your case is approved and you remain married to your husband for at least another 2 years and 9 months, you will become eligible to apply for naturalization on form N-400. the telephone number set forth above.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
You must first become a permanent resident before you can become a US citizen. You can apply for permanent residence (green card) through your husband.
Mulder Law office, PA
Mulder Law office, PA | Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
Your spouse first needs to sponsor you by filing an alien relative petition. At the same time your spouse files for you, you file an application to adjust status (receive a conditional green card). After two years of marriage you apply to remove the conditions of your green card. Provided you remain married you may file for your NATX after three years. In the event that you do not get married you must wait 5 years. There are a number of issues that may effect the foregoing. Under some circumstances you may qualify to adjust on your own.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
The restrictions on those aliens who entered United States under the VWP [visa waiver program] poses a number of challenges on your ability to adjust status (green card) because you have now overstayed your 90 day period of authorized stay.
    Before becoming a citizen, you must first be a permanent resident (green card holder). If you are married to a U.S. citizen spouse, she can petition you. Three years after you have been issued your green card, if issued as a result of your marriage to the U.S. citizens spouse and you are still married to this person, you can apply for citizenship.
    Alena Shautsova
    Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
    Possible, if you have a good lawyer helping you.
    Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
    Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
    You must first apply for a green card. You can do this while in the U.S. The entire process only takes about 3 months from start to finish. Once you are a permanent resident for 3 years, you can then become a U.S citizen.
    Vladimir Parizher
    Vladimir Parizher | Vladimir Parizher
    Is your marriage still intact? If you have been married to a US Citizen for 3 years, you may apply for a US Citizenship.
    The first step is to become a lawful permanent resident. Your spouse will need to file an immigrant visa petition on your behalf and you will have to seek an adjustment of status.