Could they just arrest me from taking my statement? 2 Answers as of March 14, 2016

I was called by the police to come in and just get my side of the story. They took down all my info and just asked if I knew my rights I said yes. After they got me to tell them what they wanted to hear, they arrested me but never actually recited the Miranda rights.

Attorney & Counselor at Law
Attorney & Counselor at Law | John Hugger
Speak with a criminal defense attorney IMMEDIATELY! Good luck!
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
Two things have to exist before you must be informed of your rights- (1) you are in custody and (2) you are being interrogated. It is quite common for officers to have a person come in, tell them they are free to go at any time, you don't have to talk to us, you are not under arrest? and take their story and then arrest them. So the statement is given when they are NOT in custody (so no Miranda warning necessary), and then they arrest the person. Sounds like that is what happened to you. I strongly recommend that people NOT agree to go talk to the police.