Could my mom get custody over my friends baby when it is born if she signs the papers over? 1 Answers as of April 07, 2011

I was wondering if my mom could get custody over my best friend's baby. My friend is only 16 years old and she can't afford to take care of her unborn child. If she signs the papers over could my mom take care of it for her if my mom has a felon from like 2004? My mom has a great job. She has two kids and has a husband. We have a great family. It couldn't be a healthier environment. The reason we were wondering is cause this is the only way she could see her baby when ever she wanted to. She's too young to take care of her baby.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C.
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C. | Michael Anthony Wing
I think that the 16 year old mother could sign over temporary custody to your mom by agreement. Stay well.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 4/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: