Could my ex-wife include my new wife's social security disability when calculating child support? 7 Answers as of September 14, 2015

My wife is on social security disability for a near fatal brain tumor that left her with debilitating conditions including Epilepsy. Her medical expenses exceed her SSD payments. My ex-wife is trying to include her income, but not her expenses with my pay to calculate child support. Is this legal? How do we fight it?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
A new spouses income is never used to calculate child-support.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/14/2015
John Russo | John Russo
She can?t use her income no matter what source relax.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 9/14/2015
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
No her income has nothing to do with your child support obligation according to OCGA 9-6-15
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 9/14/2015
Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
Your current wife's income from any source is NOT includable.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 9/14/2015
Petit & Dommershausen SC
Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
The court will not include her income. Your current wife has no obligation to support your children.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 9/14/2015
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
    Your ex-wife is going to be unsuccessful in her attempt. The income, or lack of it, of your current spouse is not includable in the calculation of your child support obligation, at least in Michigan.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 9/14/2015
    The Gufford Law Firm, P.A.
    The Gufford Law Firm, P.A. | Joseph Gufford
    No, your new wife has no duty to support your children. Therefore, her income is not relevant to calculating child support.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 9/14/2015
Click to View More Answers: