Could my ex wife legally stop me from going through with my visitation days? 10 Answers as of August 25, 2015

Can my ex wife who I share joint custody with, legally stop me from my court appointed visitation days?

She would have to go back to court and seek an amendment of the judgment or order establishing your periods of temporary placement. OR there would have to be some kind of danger to the child's life or welfare arising from spending time with you. Good Luck.
The only way she could legitimately stop you from exercising visitation under the existing court order is to modify that court order.
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
No if you have a court order providing for the visitation she is denying. You need to file for contempt against here if that is he case.
Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
That would be a no.
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
Only if the court orders it.
    You both must comply with the court order. Confer with an attorney with the details.
    Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
    Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
    If you have court ordered visitation, only the Judge can change the order. If the other parent interferes with your visitation, you can bring an action for contempt of court order; but some prerequisites will have met first such as there must be a written visitation order and the order must be personally served on the parent.
    Legally no, but wrongly yes, happens unfortunately all the time. But what's your recourse if she does? Call the police? Good luck with that one its a civil issue and they will remind you of that. So your only recourse in the end would be to file a contempt motion if she does it relatedly.
    Law Offices of Julie A. Ringquist | Julie A. Ringquist
    Not without a new court order. Unless the current order gives her that ability, under certain conditions.
    Peggy M. Raddatz
    Peggy M. Raddatz | Peggy M. Raddatz
    Well the only way she could do that is to file to Modify the visitation/parenting time. There would have to be some basis that it would've in the best interests of the children to decrease, supervise, or stop visits. This is not something courts would do easily. But to answer your question yes but she would have to have a court order. That is assuming you have a court order for you parenting time.