Could my boyfriend get arrested for statutory rape? 5 Answers as of November 12, 2012

When we first got together, I was 12 and he was 14. We've been together since then, and now he's 18. The problem is that I'm 16. could he be in trouble because of this?

Yes. Sexual intercourse with any person under 18 is a violation of Penal Code section 261.5 and is even punishable when the defendant is under 18 himself. Of course if no one reports the incident to the police he would not be "in trouble".
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
Under California law, having sexual intercourse with a minor is a crime. Your boyfriend could be facing very serious charges.
A lot. Yes, he could be in trouble. Assuming by "got together" you mean had sexual intercourse.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
Yes. If the issue is raised. Statutory rape is until 18, under 14 and it is considered the same as forcible rape, on the theory that you are too young to consent.
Rizio & Nelson
Rizio & Nelson | John W. Bussman
Yes, sex with a minor is a crime.