Could I use a provisional patent application I recently filed as part of new, related provisional patent filing? 3 Answers as of July 06, 2015

I recently filed a provisional patent for a process and method of testing, certifying and validating a material improvement process. I would like to file another provisional patent application and reference the prior provisional patent testing means as a way of certifying that the new material processing method has been improved.

Webb IP Law Group
Webb IP Law Group | Jason P Webb
You can reference the other provisional, but that will not provide any benefit I am aware of. If you want to include a full copy of it in an appendix and reference that, that would allow you to reference the subject matter within the earlier filed provisional.
Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
One Provisional can claim the benefit of another provisional application, but the one-year deadline is the earliest of the provisional applications.
Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. | Ernie Linek
Yes - you can use the text of one provisional in another. CAUTION - to be safe, calculate the one-year term from the FIRST filing provisional application. We often file combined cases for clients - claiming priority to two or more provisional applications. We ALWAYS use the first one-year term as our deadline for conversion to a formal application.