Could I then press charges on him and even sue for time off work and court fees and if not, how would I stand in trial? 1 Answers as of August 03, 2017

This past weekend around 1:30 am, I was talking to a girl on a dance floor. A guy comes up and pushes me from behind. I turned to see who was there and when I turned back around, her boyfriend pushes me again then puts his hands up. I hit him in the face and he went down. His girlfriend ran to his side. I saw he wasn’t getting back up and I immediately exited the bar. They ran after me yelling and hailed a cop while I was walking down the street. I was arrested and charged with assault and battery. This is what I told the police and I was told he would be pressing charges. I’m going to sign a contract with my lawyer in a day or so and the first thing he will do is subpoena the bar for their surveillance footage. I have a witness who is also willing to testify. Is this likely to be dismissed?

I don't see that at all. After he pushed you, you committed the crime of assault by hitting him. They could charge him as well for the push, but that's the prosecutors discretion. I'm glad you found an attorney. They will guide you from here.