Could I take my baby girl with me without my husband's permission? 2 Answers as of February 20, 2017

I recently found that my husband is cheating on me. I would like to move to another state to stay with my relatives. My husband and I have a 2 year old daughter.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
Yes, if there is no court order giving your husband custody.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 2/20/2017
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
In theory, so long as there is no court order to the contrary, you could take your child with you to another state. But if at some point in the near future you should start a legal action against the father, for example for support, you may find that he will bring a motion to have the matter heard in the state where you live, and might will succeed. Consult an experienced family lawyer who has dealt with interstate matters.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 2/20/2017
Click to View More Answers: