Could I take legal action if an uninsured driver hit my car? 7 Answers as of August 28, 2015

After being involved in an accident with a driver who was uninsured last year, I am still suffering a lot of pain. The other driver who hit me gave false info about their insurance, and now I think she should be made to pay the most for the accident.

It does not matter as to liability and the amount of damages as to whether the person who hit you has insurance or not; it does mean that it may be very difficult to collect anything so it might not be worth suing. You should notify your Department of Motor Vehicles that the other person has no insurance, but wait to first find out whether that will have any real impact on their ability to pay you damages.
Ever think of suing? That is one way to go.
You certainly can sue the other driver. Whether she can or cannot pay a judgment is of course another question. In some states through what's called the safety responsibility law, you can get the motor vehicle people to suspend her driving privilege. You may have an insured driver coverage on your own insurance policy. Check it and talk to your agent.
Yes, but if you get a judgment, how are you going to collect on it? If someone doesn't have insurance, it's not likely they will be able to respond to a judgment. You're best off making an uninsured motorist claim with your insurance company and letting your company worry about getting their money back. Good luck.
Law Office of Lisa Hurtado McDonnell | Lisa Hurtado McDonnell
File a claim with your insurance company. That's what uninsured insurance is for and your insurance company will go after the uninsured driver if they can.
    Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.
    Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C. | Richard M. Levy
    Consult a lawyer about filing an uninsured claim.
    Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
    If the driver who hit you does not have insurance, the chances are they do not have any money to pay for your wreck. Your best bet is to look at your policy the uninsured motorist coverage is coverage you pay for to provide you coverage in case someone hits you and does not have insurance. Then your insurance company will continue to seek the at-fault driver to collect the bill. Good luck.