Could I sue a potential employer for not hiring me? 4 Answers as of August 21, 2015

I interviewed and got the job was given a date to start. We agreed on a 30 day trial. The night before I was to start, (8pm on a Sunday night) I received a call saying I don’t have the job. Is this a breach of something and what are my recourses?

Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
An attorney would need complete facts and documents to adequately respond.
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
MS is an employment at will State, which means that the employer has the ability to determine the terms of employment, including hiring, unless there is a written contract.
Sadly for you, you are generally paid for the time and effort you actually spend on the job. If you are an employee at will, or potentially an employee at well, you can quit the company and therefore it can quit you.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
No recourse at all under GA law. If you are not in GA, resubmit your question, and identify your state. for more info, google this: Georgia, employment at will.