Could I still fix papers for my dad even though he has a criminal background? 1 Answers as of March 14, 2017

I am not old enough to fix my parent’s papers. But I want to start doing research about out so once I'm old enough, I can fix my parent’s papers. Could I fix my dad papers if he entered the US illegally? He has a criminal background, but the thing is he never got deported. I need to find out how I can leap over that so I can fix my dad (criminal background) and my mom (no criminal background) papers. There's an act called the real ID act so my dad does not have a quite stable social security number. Would he still be able to travel within the US without that real ID?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Your question requires an attorney consultation. It is not a simple question that can be answered on this type of forum. There are many factors that would need to be considered and evaluated. More information is needed regarding your father's criminal history. Some crimes will make him deportable and barred for life from immigrating to the U.S. Some crimes will make him inadmissible and also unable to get a green card. And some crimes have no immigration consequences all. Since we do not have all the facts, it is impossible to give a meaningful answers. I strongly suggest that you contact an experienced immigration attorney for a face-to-face consultation and give him/her all of the facts surrounding your criminal history.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/14/2017
Click to View More Answers: