Could I still apply for a non-immigrant visa or is that against the law if my I130 is already at NVC? 4 Answers as of September 03, 2014

I am waiting for the priority date to become current.

You can apply for a nonimmigrant visa but there is a good chance that it will be denied if it is not a dual intent visa and you have a pending immigration matter at NVC.
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
There is no law barring an application for a non-immigrant visa, if you have an I-130 pending. Of course, depending on the visa, no guarantee you'd get it, and in some cases, there may be negative connotations arising from having an I-130 pending
Do not try to play games. If you do, you will find yourself deported with a 10 year bar. You have to wait like everyone else.
It is not against the law to seek a nonimmigrant visa when you are the beneficiary of an approved I-130. It is simply very difficult to obtain such a visa as you clearly have immigrant intent.