Could I renew my teaching license with a domestic violence charge? 3 Answers as of August 27, 2015

I am in the process of renewing my teaching license. A couple of years ago, I had an argument with my husband and ended up getting a DV misdemeanor charge. I am nervous about submitting my renewal forms to CDE. Do you have information about if my license can be denied or not. Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You will probably need to retain an attorney, who might be able to get a records restriction, so it will not show.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/27/2015
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
That would be determined by your school district policy.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/25/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
Consider having it expunged. You need to have successfully completed the entire term of probation, have nothing criminal pending, and not be on probation for any other offense(s). Contact a lawyer to file the petition for expungement on your behalf.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/25/2015
Click to View More Answers: