Could I receive child support dating back to when I was pregnant? 11 Answers as of June 30, 2015

The father of my child has done very little when it comes to contributing financially while I was pregnant. Is there anyway he can be made to contribute financially dating back to when I was pregnant?

In Wisconsin, you can seek lying-in expenses, but otherwise the other parent's liability for child support dates back only to the date you filed the petition for support. Good Luck.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. | Joanna Mitchell
In Florida, you can only retroact child support two years from the date you first file for support.
Provda Law Firm
Provda Law Firm | Bruce Provda
Child support in NY is only retroactive to the date of filing the petition for it.
Ezim Law Firm | Dean Esposito
No, child support is retroactive, by law, to the date of judicial demand. This means you have to file a pleading with the court requesting it and, if child support is awarded by the court, child support is retroactive to the date you filed the pleading with the court.
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
Yes-the term in law is Confinement expenses which includes your doctor and hospital expenses.
    Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
    At most a court could hold him responsible for a portion of medical bills. More importantly, you need to file a parentage action to get child support now.
    Depends on when you brought the action and the circumstances. Recovery is normally limited to the "costs of confinement" which is the medical cost your paid out of pocket.
    Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
    In Nebraska he can be required to contribute to the costs of the pregnancy.
    Petit & Dommershausen SC
    Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
    No, the farthest the child support can go back is to the date of service of the paternity action.
    Peggy M. Raddatz
    Peggy M. Raddatz | Peggy M. Raddatz
    Possibly. There are not enough facts here to fully answer.
    The earliest date that you can use to ask for support is designated by the date you filed your motion. With that being said, you can also ask for any costs for pregnancy medical treatment. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your legal options.