Could I plead self defense to a menacing charge? 5 Answers as of July 10, 2013

Can I plead self-defense to a charge of menacing?

You can try, but it will depend upon the facts as to whether it will work. Hire an attorney and go over it with him/her before trying to do anything. Good luck.
You can retain an attorney and explain the facts and circumstances to him in order to see if you committed the crime of menacing. Self-defense is for assault, murder,etc. but could be relevant to the issue of whether it was menacing or just a threat to protect yourself. It depends on the circumstances which you have not given me.
It's called "justification" and I think that you probably can.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
Yes you can. You need to discuss the details of your case with your attorney. If you do not have an attorney call us toll free for a no cost, no obligation phone consultation.
This response is general information only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. However, I would need further details as to the facts in order to determine in your case if you have the defense of self defense. However it is possible depending on the facts.