Could I get unemployment benefits? 4 Answers as of August 28, 2015

My current daycare provider is my mother-in-law. Due to illness she is no longer able to care for my 5 month old. There are no open placement spots for infants on any local daycare facility. My husband and I both work jobs with variable scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays. Daycare facilities do not accommodate these hours. Does quitting my job with notice due to lack of childcare qualify me for unemployment benefits?

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
No. If you quit, then you are not eligible.
Behren Law Firm
Behren Law Firm | Scott Behren
I would say no.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
No unemployment benefits, if you are in GA. If not in GA, resubmit your request and identify your state In GA, the reason for quitting must be 1) a good reason and 2) a work related reason. You are OK on #1, but not #2. In GA, child care is a personal reason. Even if you got past that, you would not even be eligible, since a requirement for unemployment benefits is that you are available for work. Individuals with small children and no day care are not considered available for work.
Borrelli & Associates, P.L.L.C. | Michael Borrelli
If you are voluntarily resigning your job because of the circumstances you describe, there are Department of Labor decisions which state that that is a good cause resignation and thus you would not be disqualified from unemployment benefits.